Sunday 19 April 2009

Disco Rules

It's been a while, I know, but the last couple of weeks have been fairly eventful, as the visit from my brother and nieces that included a trip to Faversham was complicated by Nick's unfortunate fall and dramatic rush to hospital all morphined up. As it turns out he hasn't broken his ribs and arm as was originally thought, but is severely impaired by damage to his shoulder, which restricts him even more than ordinary mortals due to his existing condition. It's a bummer but at least he's home now and able to communicate with the outside world again.

Before all the Easter excitement we had popped down with Dan to the ICA to catch Tony Manero, a darkly funny and brilliantly bleak Chilean movie about a psychopathic Travolta (circa Saturday Night Fever) impersonator. Well worth seeing, though probably won't appeal to all palates.
And Hugo very kindly bought us a copy of Don't Mess with the Zohan on DVD, not a film I had felt impelled to rush out to catch when on general release, but believe it or not, it deserves a place in the pantheon of ridiculous tastelessness that includes such gems as Dodgeball. Disco Disco, my friend!

Sadly I don't think Nick will be practising any disco moves for a while...
Oh and I almost forgot! Just before being put out of action, Nick had uploaded my new revamped website – so check it out here!

No comments: